Klaria Interim Report Q2 2021
Summary of the interim report
Positive results for the bioequivalence registration study with Sumatriptan Alginate Film
SECOND QUARTER OF 2021
- Net sales amounted to 0.0 MSEK (0.0 MSEK
- Other income amounted to 0.0 MSEK (1.1 MSEK)
- R&D costs for the period amounted to 11.5 MSEK (9.2 MSEK)
- Profit after tax amounted to -15.9 MSEK (-10.1 MSEK)
- Earnings per share for the quarter amounted to -0.31 SEK (-0.24 SEK)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to -13.5 MSEK (-13.4 MSEK)
- Cash and cash equivalents on the balance sheet date amounted to 39.7 MSEK (19.8 MSEK)
- Equity as of June 30 amounted to 110.4 MSEK (106.5 MSEK)
- Klaria's combination patent for alginate film with Sumatriptan has been approved in the USA.
- Klaria has signed a new financing agreement of 50 MSEK.
THE PERIOD JANUARY-JUNE 2021
- Net sales amounted to 0.0 MSEK (0.0 MSEK)
- Other income amounted to 31.3 MSEK (2.6 MSEK)
- R&D costs for the period amounted to 22.9 MSEK (17.2 MSEK)
- Profit after tax amounted to 0.8 MSEK (-21.1 MSEK)
- Earnings per share for the period amounted to 0.02 SEK (-0.55 SEK)Cash flow from operating activities amounted to 3.6 MSEK (-13.0 MSEK)An up-front payment of 30.5 MSEK was received from Imbrium Therapuetics in connection with signing an option agreement regarding the market rights to the drug candidate Adrenalin Alginate film for treatment of severe allergic reactions.
- Klaria has received a third payment of approximately 2.2 MSEK from the EU's Horizon 2020 program for the development of Sumatriptan Alginate Film.
Events after the end of the period
- The Pure Jamaican company group and Klaria has signed agreements on R&D and commercialization in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Cannabis Delivery Sciences has signed an agreement with Hemply Balance for commercialization of Alginate Films with CBD in Europe.